- you continually go over your spending limit or you use your credit cards as a necessity rather than a convenience;
- you are always borrowing money to make it from one payday to the next;
- your wages have been garnisheed to pay for outstanding debts;
- you pay only interest or service charges monthly and do not reduce your total debt over many months;
- creditors pressure you for payment, threaten to sue or repossess your car, furniture or television, or hire a collection agency to recover the money for them; or
- utility companies cut off service because your bills have gone unpaid.
You have a debt problem, or are going to have one, if: